Access the teacher slides and homework instructions here.
- The Biology Student Calendar lists the schedule of daily activities including links to key documents and assignments.
- Parents can access this document to see when homework is assigned. Students can use it to open the assignments and complete them even when they are not in class.
- Look ahead to see when early release days and vacations occur.
- If you have any questions, contact Ms. Bliss for more information.
Biology Course Information
Student Conduct Guidelines
Lab Safety Rules:
- Be respectful
- Be prepared
- Follow school rules and directions
- Participate fully
- Ask for help when needed
Lab Safety Rules:
- STUDENTS MAY NOT WORK IN THE LABORATORY WITHOUT A SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR PRESENT.
- Only students registered for the class are allowed in the laboratory.
- No backpacks or purses are allowed on the laboratory tables.
- Do not handle equipment and supplies set up in the laboratory until given instruction to do so from the instructor.
- Clothing and attire should provide protection from hazardous substances.
- Eye protection must be worn when required by the lab instructor.
- Personal protective equipment such as gloves and a laboratory apron should be used at the direction of the laboratory instructor.
- No eating or drinking is permitted in any science classroom unless a consumable is part of a laboratory procedure and the instructor gives permission to eat the consumable.
- Never place anything in the mouth while in the laboratory except as directed by the instructor.
- Smell chemicals only by wafting a small amount of vapor toward the nose with the hand.
- No unauthorized experimentation is allowed. Do not change written laboratory procedures without the permission of the instructor.
- Follow laboratory procedures carefully and accurately. Do not proceed with any experiment if you do not understand the procedure.
- All chemical names and identities should be carefully double-checked prior to use.
- Notify the instructor immediately if lab substances are spilled and once you know how, clean up spills promptly. If you have questions on spill clean-up, ask the instructor.
- Don NOT clean up broken glass. Notify Ms. Bliss so that proper safety procedures can be activated. Broken glass should never go in the trash.
- Proper disposal of laboratory waste is essential. Do not dispose of any chemical in the sink without approval from the instructor. Use appropriate waste containers when provided.
- Students should clean the work area and wash hands thoroughly before leaving the room.
- Students are to handle any/all animals involved in the educational experience with respect.
- Report all injuries or accidents, no matter how minor, to the instructor. The instructor will give guidance on the treatment needed and direct the student to the office, if needed.
- Technological devices are not permitted near water or food items unless instructions indicate otherwise.